Community Education presentations focus on actions we can all take to support survivors while holding offenders accountable. This is an important piece of our coordinated community response to domestic violence and sexual assault by creating conditions that promote healthy relationships.
- On average, 3,580 professionals and adult community members attended presentations each year.
- Part of our education curriculum includes presenting to Middle and High School students about dating violence, sexual assault, and gender socialization.
- On average 8,383 Macomb County Middle and High School students learn about dating violence, sexual assault, and gender socialization from our Prevention Education team annually.
- Survivors work with the Community Education team as speakers who share their experiences with abuse. The Survivor Speaker’s Bureau assures that survivor voices are heard in the community.
- We offer community education online as well as at organizations, agencies or companies. To request a presentation, click here or call 586.464.0779.