Turning Point staff assist the community with Personal Protection Order (PPO) forms, motions, and e-filing and also have Legal Advocates available to support survivors through the legal process.
- The Personal Protection Order Office is located in the 16th Circuit Court (40 North Main, Mount Clemens) and is open Monday-Friday 8:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:00pm. To speak with a legal advocate please call 586-465-9161.
- You do not need a police report to file a PPO.
- PPO’s are person to person (you cannot file against a group or unnamed individual), and are public record.
- Legal advocates are not attorneys but are well versed in the legal system and victim’s rights, and provide support by appointment only.
- Going to court can be an overwhelming and stressful time for survivors; we can provide survivors with advocacy throughout the legal process, as well as accompany survivors in court.