Turning Point’s Forensic Nursing and Advocacy program is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide comprehensive medical forensic examinations to adults and children who have experienced sexual assault, domestic violence or strangulation.
- Specially trained nurses and advocates meet the immediate physical and emotional needs of sexual assault survivors and provide crisis intervention.
- We service Macomb and St. Clair county at confidential sites where loved ones are welcomed to accompany the survivor and also receive support. Due to the pandemic, please talk with the nurse to discuss current health and safety measures.
- Survivors can speak with a nurse without completing an exam, or may choose to complete only parts of the exam.
- Advocates are available to speak with survivors confidentially, offering support throughout the process and providing survivors with information on Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence and Strangulation.
- Evidence collection is most effective within 120 hours (5 days) of an assault, however, if someone has questions, they should contact our 24-Hour Hotline to be connected with a nurse.