About Turning Point
Turning Point is a nonprofit organization located in Mt Clemens, MI serving victim/ survivors of domestic and sexual violence since 1980. The agency operates primarily in Macomb County, and runs eight different programs, including a 50 bed emergency shelter, 24-hour help/crisis line, prevention education program, counseling and support groups, advocacy services, children’s services, forensic nurse examiners program, and a re-sale shop within a 3 million dollar budget and serves over 15,000 survivors annually.
Turning Point is seeking a CEO to lead a well-established organization to sustain quality comprehensive services to survivors of domestic and sexual violence. The CEO oversees and supports the organization’s administrative functions, contract compliance, program evaluation, human resources, fund development and PR. This position requires proven skills in organizational management, community education and fund development to ensure strong visible leadership for service delivery, system change, and prevention.
Turning Point is seeking candidates with proven leadership skills in the field of ending violence against women and/or nonprofit management. Must have a Master’s degree in Social Work, Non Profit Management or related field. Must have experience in program development and community education, excellent oral and writing skills, and ability to work with diverse populations. Must pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Continue the organization’s leadership on a local, state and nation level to eliminate violence against women
- Continue the development of survivor centered services
- Expand the community’s understanding of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Increase community engagement with the organization
- Sustain the organization’s culture of learning
- Develop diverse streams of funding to assure adequate resource
Salary Range: $80,000-$105,000
- Human Resource Administration—oversee the management of personnel, employee relations, training, & staff development. Recruit, hire and develop a
successful management team to implement Turning Point’s programs and services and ensure adherence to agency’s mission.
- Fiscal Administration—Oversee the operations of financial management of the agency as it relates to internal controls, and supervision to ensure the Board of Directors, funding sources, and community has accurate financial information.
- Contract Management—Act as agency liaison between funding sources and organization, and oversee adherence to contract requirements and policies to maintain continued service delivery resources.
- Fund Development—Oversee fundraising plan to meet organization’s short and long-range needs and goals. Provide leadership to Board and staff on donor relations, retention and cultivation. Continue to write and/or manage applications for current grant and contract support.
- Program Development—Provide oversight and support or all program development, policies, evaluation and utilization of program data.
- Board/Committee Relations—Assist board of directors with recruiting and vetting of board members, ensure board member orientation to agency and education of their role within organization as well as assist committees with developing their goals and obtaining resources for their success to meet them.
- Public Relations—Act as the voice and advocate for the mission. Oversees the implementation of public relations plan, act as the agency spokesperson on domestic violence and sexual assault related stories. Be able to speak publically and articulate the impact of the organization. Assist staff and board with their ambassador role in promoting the mission, image and services of Turning Point in the community.
Interested persons should submit a cover letter and resume to:
CEO Selection Committee
Or mail to:
Attn: CEO Selection Committee
PO Box 1123
Mt. Clemens, Mi 48046
No phone calls will be accepted
Individuals with diverse backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply. Turning Point is an equal opportunity/equal access organization fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.